How Professionals Unblock Your Drains – Fast!
Blocked drains are awful. They smell, they make the room that they are in basically unusable and are just generally a nightmare. Calling out a professional drain specialist to come out and unblock your drains and toilets is the best course of action. There are various resources online about how to unblock pipes and drains yourself, but none of these can guarantee a result, especially for the long run. If you want an unblocked drain, fast, best you call the experts!
Everything In The Kitchen Sink
Kitchen sinks deal with a lot of stuff ending up in their drains. Food items, bits of plastic and all sorts of other junk go down the kitchen sinks drain. So it’s not surprising that they often end up clogged. Fixing them takes a professional team a few steps, assuming that the problem is a basic one. These include:
- Using hydro jets: Hydro jets are a sophisticated tool used by plumbers to clear out drains. Using a high-pressure hose with a distinctive nozzle connected to the terminal end and a machine that pressurises water, water is forced to free clogged drains. Note: expert plumbers will inspect the drain using a camera to determine whether there are any damages in the drain or pipes before using the hydro jet.
- Use hot water: Grease thickens when it gets cold and ends up sticking to the side of the drain. Plumbers use hot water to flow test and dislodge any foods or scraps from your kitchen sink.
- This can cause blockages and end up with other gunk stuck in it. Pouring boiling water down the sink will dissolve any grease that may be lurking there.
- Auger: An auger is one of a professional plumber’s best tools. Also known as a plumbing snake. This flexible tool can wind its way through any drain to reach the blockage. It is used in both bathrooms and kitchens.
- High-pressure jet: Once the blockage has been identified and removed, a high-pressure jet system is used to clean your drains entirely of debris.
Blocked toilets are the pits. Literally. The best practice is to call a professional to handle blocked toilets! Call us out any time of the day or night, even in the middle of your party, and let us work our magic. We can use the below to solve blocked toilets
- Plunger: The plunger is designed to unblock toilets and drains, so that’s precisely what is used first. A plunger helps by moving a blockage using a vacuum. Once a blockage is loose, it is easier for us to dislodge completely.
- The handy toilet snake: If the plunger does not unblock the toilet completely, and it often doesn’t, we will deploy the auger or toilet snake. This little contraption uses a rotating head to break through any blockage that may be further down your pipes.
It is always best to call a professional if you have a blocked drain. We are open 24/7 365 days a year, so we will always come to your rescue for drain or toilet unblocking! Get in touch with Drain Ninjas for fast, reliable drain and toilet maintenance.